The State of Modern Slavery in the U.S.: Trends and Tools for Law Enforcement and Victim Service Providers (Webinar)
03/14/18 - 03/14/18
International Association of Chiefs of Police (More Detail)
Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), U.S. Department of Justice (More Detail)
||3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
|This webinar is for law enforcement and victim service providers to explore the 25 most common human trafficking business models in the U.S. identified by the National Human Trafficking Hotline.
A panel of presenters will share resources and strategies for law enforcement and victim service providers to collaborate with the Hotline on human trafficking cases.
This webinar aims to:
- Increase awareness of human trafficking business models and typologies in the U.S.
- Enhance the capacity of law enforcement and victim service providers to identify victims and investigate cases through collaboration with the National Human Trafficking Hotline and Polaris's Disruption Strategies team
- Deliver practical resources to aid jurisdictions in disrupting human trafficking operations across the country
- Provide the opportunity to connect with National Human Trafficking Hotline staff and Polaris's Disruption Strategies team to obtain essential information to combat human trafficking
- Elizabeth Gerrior, Data Quality & Reports Manager, Polaris
- Sam Gillis, Case Analyst, National Human Trafficking Hotline, Polaris
- Rochelle Keyhan, Director of Disruption Strategies, Polaris
- Grant Snyder, Sergeant, Minneapolis Police Department
This webinar will be moderated by Colleen Owens, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute and John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
||800-THE-IACP x 802