Office for Victims of Crime - Justice for Victims. Justice for All
Justice for Victims. Justice for All
Facebook     Twitter     You TubeEventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates

FAQ: Question & Answer

Who can I contact to help me develop a safety plan?
If you believe that you are in danger, we strongly urge you to call your local police department’s emergency number (911).

If your local police department employs a victim advocate, they may be able to help you develop a safety plan. You may also contact a local victim service provider. If you need help locating a victim service provider in your area, call the VictimConnect toll free helpline at 855–484–2846.

The Stalking Prevention, Awareness, and Resource Center also provides information and resources on developing a safety plan on the What to Do if You Are Being Stalked section of their site.

For additional information, visit the Crime Victimization: Domestic and Family Violence and Crime Victimization: Stalking sections of our website.

Last Updated: 5/13/2019

Another FAQ Search     Back to Previous Page

EventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates
Facebook     Twitter     You TubeEventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates