Office for Victims of Crime - Justice for Victims. Justice for All
Justice for Victims. Justice for All
Facebook     Twitter     You TubeEventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates

FAQ: Question & Answer

Aside from compensation, how can I recover financial loss due to a violent crime?
Some victims of crime file a civil suit against their offender or a third party to try to recover financial losses resulting from a crime. This is different from a criminal case that the state prosecutes to determine guilt.

In addition, if your case goes to criminal trial and the defendant is found guilty, you may want to make an inquiry with your attorney about requesting restitution during sentencing.

If you are the victim of a crime and are interested in receiving a referral for a civil attorney, you may request assistance through the National Crime Victim Bar Association by completing an online questionnaire.

Last Updated: 8/30/2019

Another FAQ Search     Back to Previous Page

EventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates
Facebook     Twitter     You TubeEventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates