Serving Victims' Language Needs
Public Awareness of Services
Once you decide on the range of language services you can provide, you will need to promote your services.
- Post signs in intake areas and other entry points.
- Create outreach documents (e.g., brochures, booklets) that inform community members of the languages in which services are available.
- Work with community-based organizations to help inform LEP persons of the language assistance available.
- Provide notices through non-English language radio and television stations.
- Make presentations or hand out notices at school and religious organizations.