Hold Team Meetings . Monitor and Evaluate Your Efforts . Sustain Your SART . Know Your Team . Critical Issues
Decide on Core Membership
Faith-based organizations are an integral part of our Nation's social service network. They can help your SART create referral networks and assist victims with their spiritual concerns (e.g., faith-based communities that form partnerships with community-based advocates can offer onsite counseling as a collaborative effort between clergy and community-based advocacy5).
On a SART, members of faith-based organizations
- Identify barriers that impede victims from seeking services.
- Inform the team about victims' spiritual needs.
- Bridge service gaps between community service agencies and faith-based organizations.
- Act as liaison between the team and faith-based organizations.
- Provide faith-based prevention education.
- Provide training and education for hospital, law enforcement, and firefighter chaplaincies.