Hold Team Meetings . Monitor and Evaluate Your Efforts . Sustain Your SART . Know Your Team . Critical Issues
Decide on Core Membership
Mental Health Officials
Core mental health professionals include psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, psychiatric nurse specialists, and marriage and family therapists.
On a SART, mental health officials
- Educate the team about posttraumatic stress disorder and counterintuitive behaviors.
- Provide information about mental health treatment.
- Educate the team on risk factors for suicide among victims.
- Bridge services to ensure that mental health support is provided to victims and their families.
- Educate the team on vicarious trauma and debriefing techniques.
- Help implement initiatives aimed at teaching the community how to prevent sexual assault.