Hold Team Meetings . Monitor and Evaluate Your Efforts . Sustain Your SART . Know Your Team . Critical Issues
Decide on Core Membership
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnelparamedics, emergency medical technicians, and medical first respondersare responsible for providing early, pre-hospital treatment to those in need of urgent medical care and rapid transportation to an emergency department, when necessary.
On a SART, EMS personnel
- Provide the team with medical information related to emergency procedures in response to sexual assaults.
- Give detailed explanations of EMS procedures and protocols.
- Address issues regarding crime scene preservation practices.
- Assist the team with general crime scene preservation practices.
- Act as liaison between the team and the EMS community.
- Provide testimony in court.
- Help implement initiatives aimed at teaching the community how to prevent sexual assault.