Hold Team Meetings . Monitor and Evaluate Your Efforts . Sustain Your SART . Know Your Team . Critical Issues
Decide on Core Membership
A prosecutor is a governmental trial lawyer who investigates and tries criminal cases. Prosecutors are typically known as a district attorney, state's attorney, or United States attorney.
On a SART, prosecutors
- Alert the team when cases can or cannot be prosecuted.
- Educate the team about prosecutorial policies and practices.
- Provide legal definitions and explanations.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to enhance prosecution of sexual assault.
- Provide training on pertinent legal issues.
- Serve as liaison with other legal offices.
- Assist with case reviews.
- Provide updates on case dispositions.
- Help implement initiatives aimed at teaching the community how to prevent sexual assault.