Hold Team Meetings . Monitor and Evaluate Your Efforts . Sustain Your SART . Know Your Team . Critical Issues
Decide on Core Membership
Forensic Laboratory Personnel
A criminalist searches for, collects, and preserves physical evidence in the investigation of crimes; examines evidence by means of physical and chemical analyses; prepares reports of findings; and gives expert testimony in court.
On a SART, forensic laboratory personnel
- Educate the team about new discoveries, developments, or techniques that apply to the forensic field.
- Educate the team about the quality of evidence received on cases.
- Review evidence collection procedures and make recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Educate the team about the scientific methods used to analyze evidence.
- Act as liaison between the team and the scientific community.
- Help implement initiatives aimed at teaching the community how to prevent sexual assault.