Safety in the Golden Years: Understanding, Addressing and Preventing Crime Against Seniors (Virtual Conference)
04/10/14 - 04/10/14
National Crime Prevention Council (More Detail)
Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), U.S. Department of Justice (More Detail)
||9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. ET
|During this event aimed at combating elder abuse, participants will:
- Get insight into the signs and symptoms of abuse and the roles and resources of agencies involved in elder abuse prevention.
- Learn strategies and multi-disciplinary models of response to help tackle elder abuse in your community.
- Discover tools to build community awareness surrounding elder abuse.
- Identify elder financial crime trends and how to avoid victimization.
- Learn about partnerships and resources for crime victims and how to prevent crime in the first place
Who should attend: Law enforcement, crime prevention leaders, community-based organizations, seniors, and anyone in the general public interested in protecting seniors.