Office for Victims of Crime - Justice for Victims. Justice for All
Justice for Victims. Justice for All
Facebook     Twitter     You TubeEventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates

FAQ: Question & Answer

Who can parents contact for assistance when their child has been abducted?
If you have not yet contacted law enforcement about your missing or abducted child, please do so immediately and inquire with them about the issuance of an AMBER Alert. Through AMBER Alert, law enforcement agencies and broadcasters activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child abduction cases. Request that law enforcement put out a Be On the Look Out (BOLO) bulletin. Ask them about involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the search for your child. Additional helpful information for families about what to do when a child is missing is available in the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) report, When Your Child is Missing: A Family Survival Guide.

For additional assistance, parents may contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) at 800-843-5678.

Last Updated: 8/26/2015

Another FAQ Search     Back to Previous Page

EventsDirectoryE-Mail UpdatesRSS
Facebook     Twitter     You TubeEventsDirectoryE-Mail Updates